This bright, energetic breed is sure to add a little spunk to your life! Here’s what you need to know before adopting a Brittany.
The namesake of the Brittany dog comes from the French province the breed originated in. Sporty and hard working, Brittanys are born for dog sports like hunting, field trials and agility. These medium-sized, compact pups are agile and intelligent and respond well to training.
Apart from sporting, Brittanys are also happy and eager to please their humans. These sweet dogs are alert and watchful, offering a certain level of protection.
Why We Love the Brittany Breed
- Brittany dogs are very sweet and loyal. These friendly pups are even-tempered, but protective of their families.
- Brittanys take direction extremely well. They are easy to train and actually enjoy following commands.
- The Brittany breed has a low maintenance coat. They only require a good weekly brushing and no professional grooming.
Things to Consider
- Lots of energy means lots of exercise. The Brittany dog requires vigorous regular exercise, even when you’re having a busy day.
- Brittanys are happiest when they’re participating in sports and these activities can be time consuming and costly.
- This breed has potential to be destructive if left to his or her own devices. They need a fair amount of attention and if it isn’t received, you may find your couch cushions shredded.
Brittany dogs have an extreme amount of energy, meaning they aren’t the perfect choice for every dog lover. They demand a high level of exercise and attention and can become very destructive or disruptive when ignored. Like other breeds, Brittanys can also fall victim to health issues such as hip dysplasia and epilepsy, which require extra care.
If you think a Brittany might be your doggie soul mate, consider bringing a rescue into your home!
There are many Brittanys near you looking for a forever home! Here are just a few that could be your new best friend:
- Active, bright & loyal
- Avg. Weight
- 30 - 45 lbs
- Weekly brushing required
- Avg. Life Span
- 12 - 14 years
Brittanys near 20149Edit
Animal Rescues near 20149Edit
Persian Rescue of Virginia
The Cats at Longstreet
Save The Tails Rescue Group, Inc.
|Leesburg, VA||1 888 379 5558 x1|
Humane Society of Loudoun County
|Leesburg, VA||(703) 777-2912|
Little Buddies Adoption and Humane Society