Boxer dogs are playful, smart, and incredibly loving. Here’s all you need to know about this loyal breed.
When you see a Boxer, you might think of a military or police dog. That’s because these sturdy pups, with their intelligence and athleticism, are one of the best working breeds out there.
However, Boxers are more than just strong, courageous working dogs. They’re some of the sweetest dogs around! The Boxer breed is notably happy, energetic, and playful. In fact, Boxers are notorious for their incredible patience and gentle demeanor when interacting with children.
Why We Love the Boxer Breed
- Boxer dogs bond deeply with their families. Their special connection with kids makes them a family favorite!
- They’re full of energy. Boxers are always up for a game of fetch or a walk with their pack.
- Even with all of that energy, Boxers still love to snuggle up on the couch with their humans.
- These joyful pooches have a goofy streak. They’ll be sure to make you laugh!
Things to Consider
- That Boxer puppy is itty-bitty now, but he can get up to 70 pounds! Make sure you have enough room to accommodate his size.
- Boxers can be stubborn, and Boxer puppies are especially boisterous. They need a firm (but fair) pack leader to teach them their manners.
- The Boxer breed has one of the longest puppyhoods. These playful pups aren’t considered “mature” until they’re three years old.
Boxers are very popular in the United States because of their unique personalities. They’re loyal, gentle, active, and tons of fun. Unfortunately, this popularity makes the Boxer breed victims of overbreeding, which exacerbates health issues like cardiomyopathy, hip dysplasia, and deafness (in white Boxers). Help Boxers avoid overbreeding—open your home to a rescue!
You might be looking for a Boxer puppy. Or maybe a full-grown Boxer is calling your name. No matter the age, there are tons of Boxer rescues near you waiting for a home! Here are just a few:
- Energetic, courageous & friendly
- Avg. Weight
- 55 - 70 lbs
- Avg. Life Span
- 10 - 12 years
Boxers near 20149Edit
Animal Rescues near 20149Edit
Persian Rescue of Virginia
The Cats at Longstreet
Save The Tails Rescue Group, Inc.
|Leesburg, VA||1 888 379 5558 x1|
Humane Society of Loudoun County
|Leesburg, VA||(703) 777-2912|
Little Buddies Adoption and Humane Society