These fearless and loyal dogs are incredibly friendly and affectionate. Find out if they’re the perfect companions for you and your family.
Bullmastiffs are gentle giants — fearless and confident, but very loyal and obedient to their owners when well trained. Because they’re large and powerful, Bullmastiffs are natural deterrents to would-be attackers or intruders, but loving family companions the rest of the time.
These low-energy dogs are great at adapting to most environments, and don’t require a ton of exercise to spend their energy. Patient and protective with children, Mastiffs make wonderful family pets.
Why We Love the Bullmastiff Breed
- Bullmastiffs are large dogs, but they’re incredibly loving and gentle.
- Due to their short coats, these dogs don’t shed much and require minimal grooming.
- Bullmastiffs are very mellow and are happy with a couple of short walks each day.
- These dogs are great in families with two working parents — they aren’t overly concerned with being alone, and they’re great watchdogs.
Things to Consider
- Like other large dogs, Bullmastiffs will drool. These dogs aren’t a good fit for owners who would be bothered by cleaning it up.
- Although they’re good-natured dogs, they can be aggressive toward other animals if they aren’t properly socialized.
- These pups can sometime forget their size and accidentally knock over or step on small children.
- Bullmastiffs benefit more from early and continued training to curb willfulness.
Bullmastiff breeds are loyal and loving animals, but they do need proper socialization and training to curb any willfulness and aggression. Not all dog owners take the time to properly train their pets, leading to a lot of these pups being abandoned at shelters. With proper love and training, a Bullmastiff can be a great companion who will gladly risk his life to save yours. Instead of buying these dogs from breeders, check your local shelter to give these pups the caring home they deserve!
Whether you’re looking for a pint-sized puppy or are ready to welcome a big, lovable Bullmastiff into your home, there are plenty of these courageous pups waiting to find a forever home! Here are just a few:
- Affectionate, brave & loyal
- Avg. Weight
- 100 - 130 lbs
- Avg. Life Span
- 8 - 10 years
Bullmastiffs near 20149Edit
Animal Rescues near 20149Edit
Persian Rescue of Virginia
The Cats at Longstreet
Save The Tails Rescue Group, Inc.
|Leesburg, VA||1 888 379 5558 x1|
Humane Society of Loudoun County
|Leesburg, VA||(703) 777-2912|
Little Buddies Adoption and Humane Society