Poodles are gorgeous, friendly, and fun! Here’s all you need to know about one of America’s most glamorous breeds.
Poodles might have a reputation for their frou-frou looks, but don’t let that regal coat fool you. The largest variations of the prim and proper poodle breed were originally water retrievers!
Today, poodles are known for being both beautiful and bubbly! The poodle breed consists of three sizes: toy, miniature, and standard. But no matter the size, these pups are tons of fun and full of love!
Why We Love the Poodle Breed
- Some say Poodles are all beauty and no brains—not so! These pooches are extremely intelligent and excel in obedience training.
- Housetraining Poodle puppies is a breeze.
- Got allergies? Then a Poodle dog could be for you! That beautiful coat is hypoallergenic.
- They may be brainy, but Poodles have a sense of humor, too!
Things to Consider
- With their high level of intelligence and love for fun, Poodles need to be stimulated through obedience training. A bored Poodle is a destructive Poodle!
- Poodles require lots of grooming to keep their dazzling coat clean and healthy.
- Like many small breeds, the Poodle breed is often overly pampered, which can make them confused about their place in the home. Just like any other pup, a Poodle dog needs boundaries.
With their beautiful looks, bubbly personality, and hearts full of love, it’s no wonder that the Poodle breed is among the most popular breeds in the United States. Unfortunately, this puts Poodles at risk for overbreeding, which causes health issues like cataracts, allergies, Addison’s disease, and hip dysplasia to worsen within the breed. Help Poodles escape overbreeding. If you’re thinking about adopting a Poodle, rescue instead!
Whether you're looking for a Poodle puppy or a full-grown Poodle pal, there are tons of Poodle rescues near you waiting to find a home! Here are just a few:
- Intelligent, loyal & active
- Avg. Weight
- 6 - 70 lbs
- Avg. Life Span
- 12 - 15 years
Poodles near 20149Edit
Animal Rescues near 20149Edit
Persian Rescue of Virginia
The Cats at Longstreet
Save The Tails Rescue Group, Inc.
|Leesburg, VA||1 888 379 5558 x1|
Humane Society of Loudoun County
|Leesburg, VA||(703) 777-2912|
Little Buddies Adoption and Humane Society