Not convinced? Here are some reasons you might
want to take the Rescue Shleters Pledge
- The idea of puppy mills, where dogs are kept in detestable conditions and forced to breed until they die, makes you ill.
- You have experienced the heart-melting joy that comes when a shelter dog chooses you.
- It breaks your heart that people will pay thousands of dollars for purebreds while lovable mutts toil away at shelters.
- You know someone who refused to adopt from a shelter because he or she was concerned about kennel-cough or other communal diseases.
- You have observed irresponsible pet owners that fail to provide care and affection for their animals, and have wished there was something you could do to help.
- You know someone who was forced by circumstance to surrender his or her favorite pet to a shelter, and who wanted desperately for it to find a good home.
There are as many reasons to Pledge as there are unique connections to the cause. Only you know yours. But one thing we can agree on is that the negative perception of animal shelters needs to change. Together, if we can convince one person to rescue a homeless pet, then we’ll have succeeded.